Being a farmer, cattleman, or rancher isn’t as simple as growing crops and feeding livestock. There is a business side of the operation that often times needs equal attention. Not only are you responsible maintaining your operation, but you’re also thrust into a world of being the CEO of your business. Not everyone enjoys wearing the CEO hat and all that it brings.
You’re also at the age where, if you haven’t already, you need to begin thinking about what’s next. You’ve built a successful operation and, for many like you, it is your largest asset and your primary source of income.
Maybe you’re content to be like Tony’s Grandfather, 94 years old and still farming, but maybe you want to be able to step back and enjoy the life you’ve built. What’s next?
To keep the operation running smoothly, we will create a plan to:
- efficiently manage cash flow.
- define when it’s appropriate to use debt to grow or sustain the business.
- create and maintain an emergency fund. This will allow you to weather a financial storm or to take advantage of an opportunity that presents itself.
- protect your business from things you cannot control (i.e. death or disability of a co-owner or key employee).
- provide benefits to help retain employees.
We will also create a plan to engage, prepare and transition to a successor.
- Most often successors are family members.
- Finding an equitable way to pass on the operation is an important first step.
So, what does it cost to work with us? Because our fees are based on your personal situation and the complexities it brings, it would be reckless for us to quote a fee without getting to know you better. In our initial consultation, we will discuss our fee structure and how we’ll work to fit it into your monthly budget. If at any time you’re dissatisfied with our service, we will refund your fee. No questions asked.